PIO BOOT CAMP
A Hard-Hitting, No-Nonsense Media Relations Seminar
for Police, Fire & Public Safety Leaders
February 7-10, 2022
O’Fallon Police Dept.
- Crisis & Incident Command Communications
- Perception vs. Reality – Messaging in a Pandemic
- Your “open-door policy” may be a career killer
- There’s a problem with those words!
- Guerrilla tactics to get your message out
- Facebook & Instagram Live! Should we be?
- News coverage trends, updates & challenges
- Police & Fire Brand Reputation Mgmt.
- Impact of “Cyber Activism” on Police & Fire Dept.’s
- Social Media Revolution: Tricks, secrets & pitfalls
- Videos: Good, bad & ugly of news interviews
- When to respond & when to just “shut up!”
- Apps and tech for an overwhelmed PIO
- Write more effective news releases, posts & tweets
- Secrets reporters don’t want you to know
- Take the heart out of a negative news story
- Emergency responses to toughest media questions
PIO Training in Missouri
February 7-10, 2022 • 0800 to 1600 hrs
Hosted by O’Fallon Police Dept.
@ O’Fallon Law Enforcement Training Center
1019 Bryan Road, O’Fallon, Missouri 63366
$595 per person – Limited seating available
Info: E-mail or call 602-445-6442
St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL)
"This is a president that couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie"
John Kirby, U.S. Navy Rear Admiral (Ret) on CNN talking about President Donald Trump' comments at G-7 Summit.
"I might have tacos when I go home"
Mayor Joseph Maturo, East Haven, CT Answering reporter Mario Diaz's question about what the Mayor will do for Latinos following Federal Racial Profiling allegations & arrests.