PIO BOOT CAMP
A Hard-Hitting, No-Nonsense Media Relations Seminar
for Police, Fire & Public Safety Leaders
October 25-28, 2022
Norcross Police Dept.
- Crisis & Incident Communications – Lessons from TX, OK & NY
- Perception vs. Reality – Messaging in complicated times
- Your “open-door policy” may be a career killer
- There’s a problem with those words!
- Guerrilla tactics to get your message out
- Facebook & Instagram Live! Should we be?
- Preparing for the next big incident in a small town
- News coverage trends, updates & challenges
- Police & Fire Brand Reputation Mgmt. for your de
- The impact of “Cyber Activism” on Police & Fire Dept.’s
- Social Media Revolution: Tricks, secrets & pitfalls
- Videos: Good, bad & ugly of news interviews
- When to respond & when to just “shut up!”
- Apps and tech for an overwhelmed PIO
- Write more effective news releases, posts & tweets
- Secrets reporters don’t want you to know
- Take the heart out of a negative news story
- Emergency responses to toughest media questions
PIO Training in Georgia
October 25-28, 2022 • 0800 to 1600 hrs
Hosted by Norcross Police Dept.
Norcross Cultural Arts & Community Center
10 College St NW
Norcross, GA 30071
$595 per person – Limited seating available
Info: E-mail or call 602-445-6442
Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners
3209 Holcomb Bridge Rd,
Norcross, GA 30092
Comfort Inn & Suites Peachtree Corners
5200 Peachtree Indust. Blvd,
Peachtree Corners, GA 30071
Crowne Plaza Atlanta NE – Norcross
6050 Peachtree Industrial Blvd,
Norcross, GA 30071
(Ask for state government rate or best rate)
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
"This is a president that couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie"
John Kirby, U.S. Navy Rear Admiral (Ret) on CNN talking about President Donald Trump' comments at G-7 Summit.
"I might have tacos when I go home"
Mayor Joseph Maturo, East Haven, CT Answering reporter Mario Diaz's question about what the Mayor will do for Latinos following Federal Racial Profiling allegations & arrests.