PIO BOOT CAMP
Master Public Information Officer™ – 4-day Certification Program
PIO Boot Camp In Corrections, Detention, and Jails
Special Edition: Media Relations Training
for Corrections, Detention & Jails
Intensive Corrections-Detention Media Relations Training – High caliber
instruction, exercises, videos, on-camera practicals & more
- Dealing with high-profile arrestees or inmates
- Social Media Revolution- Tricks, secrets & pitfalls.
- Handling a major escape or lock-down crisis
- For-profit correctional facilities: Making the case
- Prison & jail apps that dramatically impact your facility
- When to respond and when to just “shut up!”
- Realities of inmates with mental health or PTSD
- Your “open-door policy” may be a career killer
- Preparing for a cyber-breach & activism
- Why reporters need your dept. on social media
- Videos: Good, bad & ugly of news interviews
- Handling an in-custody death or serious injury
- Secrets reporters don’t want you to know
- Twitter, Facebook & YouTube are the news now!
- You may NOT need a media policy
- Take the heart out of a negative news story
- Why no-contact visitation is here to stay
- Google & new tech can save your dept.’s reputation.
- Telling good stories about a difficult business
- An eye-opening look inside a TV news room
- Writing more effective news releases
- Emergency responses to toughest media questions
After this intensive seminar , you’ll be ready for the challenges of media relations
with new-found knowledge and confidence to succeed like never before.
"This is a president that couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie"
John Kirby, U.S. Navy Rear Admiral (Ret) on CNN talking about President Donald Trump' comments at G-7 Summit.
"I might have tacos when I go home"
Mayor Joseph Maturo, East Haven, CT Answering reporter Mario Diaz's question about what the Mayor will do for Latinos following Federal Racial Profiling allegations & arrests.